Our unique dementia care program combines elements of companion care with a focus on cognitive stimulation and social interaction. It is specifically designed to help offset symptoms by gently challenging the individual through stimulating and enjoyable activities.
This program covers physical activities, language and music, visual/spatial, memory, critical thinking and computation exercises. Although there is a ‘treatment’ element to the program, the essential goal is to interact and have fun.
Visits take place within the comfortable surroundings of your home or long-term care facility and can be scheduled for the same time each week to ensure consistency of routine.
We can provide caregivers who are specifically trained in knowing how to manage the unique challenges presented by clients with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia with an utmost respect for the dignity of their being.
Alzheimer’s & Dementia care training is comprised of:
- Techniques to manage behaviour
- Techniques to encourage interaction through stimulating and enjoyable activities
- Discussions about what it’s like to live with dementia and how it affects loved ones
Our caregivers can offer an expanded array of services to your loved one which include:
- Tailored companion care according to individual needs
- Providing encouragement to do as much as they can on their own
- Maintaining a routine to discourage agitation, outbursts and fluctuating behaviours
- Encouraging mental stimulation through interaction and other activities
- Adapting the level of care as the disease progresses
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Providing transportation to medical appointments or other functions/events
- Scheduled activities according to personal interests (music, drawing, art, walks, golf, etc.)
- Brain activity games with our unique dementia care program